Looking for a tasty and fresh dish to bring to a BBQ this summer? This sweet and savory recipe will be the hit of your cookout. Better your BBQ meals with this healthy, colorful, fiber-filled grilled side dish!
Summertime Grilled Vegetable and Fruit Salad
Ingredients (makes 8 servings):
Serving size: ½ cup
- 8 Stalks fresh asparagus
- 1 Red bell pepper, strips
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, strips
- 2 Small oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 1 Medium peach, sliced thin
- 1 Small avocado, cubed
- 5 Grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- ¼ cup Mint, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Italian salad dressing
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Grill asparagus, red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers.
- Refrigerate until cooled. Slice asparagus into 1 inch sections.
- Combine all ingredients except dressing, salt and black pepper; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add dressing, toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Enjoy chilled.