The month of June has some of the longest daylight hours all year! The sun rises earlier and shines through our blinds, waking us up with a warm feeling of summer. Here are some wake up wellness tips to start you day on the right foot.
- Meditation: waking up each morning could signal the start of another busy day. Instead of reaching for your phone and checking emails or social media, starting your day with a few deep breaths or a simple mediation, may help you feel more relaxed and present during the day. There is no right or wrong way to meditate. Try starting with a guided meditation through an app and start to realize that it only takes a few minutes to put our minds at ease before our workday begins.
- Exercise: starting your day with some physical activity is a great way to get us ready for a productive day of work. Morning exercise routines energize our body and minds and help us stay more focused throughout the day. It’s also a great way to sneak in some fresh air and self-care time before the day begins!
- Gratitude: take a few minutes each morning and jot down 3-5 things you are grateful for – no matter how big or small! Practicing gratitude can help prime your brain to look at things with a more positive perspective and feel more grateful for simple everyday occurrences.
- Plan: creating a daily plan of things you need to accomplish can help you organize your thoughts to prevent feeling overwhelmed. Start by listing your daily tasks to get a better sense of things you need to accomplish. As you complete each task, cross them off your list to promote a sense of accomplishment, which will boost your feelings of productivity! You can also list weekly or monthly goals to help keep you on track.
- Journal: similar to outlining your daily tasks, journaling is a great way to dump all of your thoughts onto paper. Use your journal however you want – doodle, recap your day, write down random thoughts, or create a list of positive and confidence boosting affirmations. This is a great way to clear your head and get your creativity flowing.