Earth Day 2021!
We must restore our earth not just because we care about the natural world, but because we live on it. Every one of us needs a healthy earth to support our jobs, livelihoods, health & survival, and happiness. A healthy planet is not an option—it is a necessity!
While every day is technically a day to be kind to the planet, today is a day to show appreciation and get into new habits if needed. There are so many little things you can do to celebrate and help save the Earth!
Here are 10 simple actions and tips you can do to make a difference, every day of the year:
- Plant a tree.
- Join a local park, river, or beach clean-up.
- Carpool, ride your bike, use public transportation or drive an electric or hybrid car. Reduce your carbon footprint by one pound for every mile you do not drive.
- Stop using disposable plastics, especially single-use plastics like bottles, bags, and straws.
- Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out. When you need something, consider buying used items.
- Change your paper bills to online billing. You’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes to deliver your bills by truck.
- Run your dishwasher only when its full to save water and energy.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator to save energy (and get exercise!).
- Replace inefficient incandescent light bulbs with efficient CFLs or LEDs.
Protecting our planet starts with you. Let us know what you will be doing this Earth Day (or everyday) to help save the planet!