Take advantage of seasonal winter produce with this delicious pasta dish! Jam packed with nutrient dense winter leafy greens – this superfood is loaded with vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, C, and K, and is a good source of antioxidants, fiber, magnesium, calcium, iron, and potassium! Warm up and stay healthy with this tasty recipe!
Leafy Green Pasta
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: 9 oz
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic Cloves, Fresh
- 3 oz Arugula Lettuce Leaf
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 10 oz Spinach Fettuccini, Dry
- ½ cup Pesto sauce without nuts
- 2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 12 oz Zucchini Squash, Fresh, Julienne Sliced
- 3 oz Spinach, baby
- ¼ cup Basil, Fresh, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Italian Parsley, Fresh, Chopped
- Prepare pasta by boiling water until al dente. Drain (reserve some of the cooking water) and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté zucchini for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add spinach, arugula and cooked pasta; add just enough reserved cooking water to steam and moisten the pasta. Toss to combine and add the salt, pepper and pesto until hot.
- Remove from heat and garnish with parsley, basil and parmesan cheese.