If you live on the east coast along with some of the CulinArt Team, the temperature is dropping and the days are getting shorter. Which means…it’s time to squeeze in all of your favorite fall activities. Check out our top 5 fun fall favorites – perfect for the whole family! Were you able to enjoy all of your favorite fall events before we move on to making snowmen?
- Pumpkin Picking: head on over to a near by pumpkin patch and pick out your favorite pumpkin. Yes, Halloween just passed, but who said you can’t carve a festive Thanksgiving pumpkin? Besides creatively carving, you can also enjoy your pumpkins in other ways. Try saving the insides of your pumpkin and whip them up to pumpkin puree to use in baked goods. Roast the seeds for a crunchy treat. Use the seeds along with other things in nature to create a bird feeder. Fill the hollowed pumpkin shells with soil and pot seasonal flowers.
- Fall Foliage: autumn, hands down, has the most fantastic outdoor views. The leaves change to beautiful reds, yellows, and oranges creating a picture perfect sight. Enjoy the foliage colors with outdoor fall activities like hiking, bike riding, roller blading, or just strolling around your neighborhood.
- Warm Apple Cider: there is nothing better than enjoying warm apple cider on a chilly fall day. This is a fun drink to get creative with. Add a salted caramel flare or spice it up with chai flavors. It is recommended (by us…) to enjoy by a fire with apple pie and apple cider donuts while enjoying some fall foliage views – extra fall festive!
- Art Projects: the fall leaves are beautiful to look at, but can also serve another purpose. On your next fall walk, gather things you find in nature to use for your next art project. Make sure to have other art supplies ready – paint, glue, paper, etc – to create your very own, homemade, fall foliage art piece.
- Picnics: bring all of the fall festivities together with an outdoor picnic! Find a sunny spot and set up shop with your carved pumpkins and art projects as decoration, pumpkin treats and apple cider, and the amazing fall views.
Share with us some of the ways you enjoy fall!