Our Culinary Values
A ‘food first’ company, CulinArt Group presents an exciting array of fresh meal choices and culinary innovations to meet the tastes of today’s students. We recognize the diversity in students’ appetites and nutritional needs, and works hand-in-hand with school administrators and our own on-staff registered dietitians to create mutually pleasing menus and food choices. At the root of CulinArt’s culinary philosophy are several core principles…
- Scratch Cooking- House-roasted meats, hand-rolled dough, house-made soups and sauces, and more.
- Produce Centric- Focus on fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables, including lots of leafy greens, and combinations of colorful fruits.
- Whole Foods- Whole, minimally processed foods, including fruits, vegetables, and whole and intact grains.
- Sustainable Solutions- Cage-free eggs, non-GMO dairy, antibiotic-free chicken, sustainable seafood, local/organic produce (when available), and fair trade coffee.
- A la Minute Cooking Techniques- Fresh, small batch cooking, just before service to ensure the best quality and eating experience.
- Food Safety- The highest standards of food safety through stringent safety and sanitation procedures, regular employee training, and HACCP compliance.
- Cultural Diversity- Celebrating culinary heritage through traditional cooking techniques as well as modified healthier adaptations.
- Dietary Preferences- Meal options accommodate a wide range of tastes and dietary needs including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-sensitive, etc.
- Culinary Certification- Training our staff to master their techniques and crafts through regular learning and development initiatives.
- Local Vendors- Reducing our carbon footprint through primary vendor purchases from the tri-state area.