This is the recipe you have been searching for! One that will include all of your tasty and fresh Farmer’s Market purchases! Local veggies and herbs will boost the flavor and nutrition of this delicious breakfast meal. Feel free to get creative – add in or replace ingredients with your favorite Farmer’s Market finds.
Farm Fresh Vegetable Frittata
Ingredients (makes 10 servings):
Serving Size: 3 inch x 4 inch piece
- 8 each Eggs
- 1/3 cup Liquid egg whites
- ½ cup Skim milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 oz Onions, chopped
- 6 oz Red bell peppers, diced
- 10 oz Broccoli, chopped
- 6 oz Zucchini, chopped
- 6 oz Spinach, chopped
- 12 oz Potatoes, diced
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 6 oz Carrots, finely chopped
- Whisk eggs together with milk and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onion, pepper, broccoli, and zucchini until tender and crisp. Toss in spinach and potatoes.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread vegetables evenly across the pan and pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven until cooked through. Cut into 10, 3 inch x 4 inch pieces.