RECIPE: Stone Fruit Salsa
When it comes to stone fruits, we like to think outside of the box! These delicious, versatile fruits are at their peak ripeness during the summer months and add both flavor and moisture to sweet and savory dishes. Try making this flavorful, nutrient-packed salsa and add as a topping to tacos, tortilla chips, burritos, or as a tasty addition to grilled chicken, fish, or steak.
Stone Fruit Salsa
Ingredients (makes 20 4-oz. servings):
- 3 lbs. of medium-sized fresh peaches
- 16 oz. (2 cups) diced, fresh yellow onions
- 4 seeded, minced, fresh serrano chili peppers
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. fresh nectarines
- Leave the skin of the fruit on and cut peaches and nectarines into small diced pieces.
- Combine peaches, nectarines, onions, chili peppers, salt, cilantro, and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate, serve chilled.