Tips for the Holiday Season
The holiday season is approaching! Time to enjoy family, friends, some relaxation, and good food. Check out these tips to help you stay mindful and enjoy the holidays to the fullest.
- Do a clean sweep: Think of this as spring cleaning, but winter edition. Clearing out your refrigerator and pantry will help make room for all of the holiday meals and treats.
- Reflect: Take a moment to soak up the joyful feelings so you can fully appreciate the good company and food. Take a minute to think about how you feel before you start eating and practice some mindful eating techniques.
- Unplug: Try eating your meals at a table with no technology – phones away and TV off. Try to take everything in, take advantage of the time with your family and friends, and savor all the flavors.
- Prepare: If you are hosting a meal, create a menu and shopping list in advance to help coordinate and organize the cooking and prepping.
- Take a Look: Assess all of the food options before filling your plate. Make sure all of your favorite dishes have room on your plate.
- Appreciate Leftovers: Enjoy your holiday meal to the fullest, but don’t forget, you can enjoy it again the next day! Package up any leftover food to store in the fridge or send home with your guests. This allows you to eat to your hearts content, without feeling the need to over stuff yourself with all the yummy food.
- Save the Best for Last: End your meal with your favorite dish. This will leave you feeling satisfied, happy, and content with your meal.
What are some of your tips to enjoy the holiday season?